Saturday 6 April 2019

Aurochs model update

About one month passed since my latest aurochs model update, so it is time for another one (please do not use the photos without permission). 

This is what the model looked like about one week ago. The height at the withers is still 33cm. I corrected the nose, added ears, eyelids, tail and penis and scrotum (without the tuft the model looks a bit like an ox to me, by the way). I also made the ribcage broader by about 1cm (not really detectable on the photo). 

As you see on the photos, the back of my model was slightly sloping at this stage - we never see this in wild bovines, only in domestic cattle, which is why I consider that a domestic trait and corrected it afterwards. In the meantime I also sculpted the forelocks, mane and other coat details a European aurochs bull probably had, and now that the body is more or less finished, I start doing the horns. Photos are about to come. 

I have to say it is very exciting and also teaching to do this model. I learned a lot about the three-dimensional anatomy of bovines and I am very enthusiastic about how the model works out. I am incredibly looking forward to doing the horns and painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment